Research in DPMMS
Research in DPMMS is actively undertaken across a range of modern mathematics. The pages for individual members of DPMMS give information about each person's research interests:
And DPMMS hosts:
- Cantab Capital Institute for the Mathematics of Information
- Cambridge Centre for Analysis (Doctoral Training Centre)
- Winton Centre for Risk and Evidence Communication
- Underground Mathematics
- PhD Students - New Student Information (September 2015) - raven log in required.
- Information on Postdoctoral Opportunities in DPMMS
- Researcher Development for Research Students and Post Docs
Special Lectures and Events
The Mordell Lecture is given annually by an invited speaker for a research-level audience. The Rouse Ball Lecture (sponsored jointly with DAMTP) is similar but aimed at undergraduates.
A series of special lectures is supported by the Kuwait Fund.
Colloquia are held on several occasions each year.
Research conferences are from time to time organised in or near DPMMS
- Simple groups, representations, and related topics 13-15 July 2015
- Category Theory 2014 29 June-5 July 2014
- British Topology Meeting 2012 6-8 September 2012
- Conference to mark John Thompson's birthday 27 - 30 September 2012
- Conference on the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer conjecture May 4-6, 2011
- LMS Spitalfields Day - Potential Modularity Friday 30 October 2009
- Group Theory, Geometry and Representation Theory: Abel Prize 2008 May 2009
DPMMS maintains a PhD thesis archive on D-Space.