About Geometry Tea
Cambridge Geometry Tea is a series of talks on Fridays at 3pm on any area of geometry, normally given by PhD students or postdocs. Talks are informal, usually held in the Pavilion E common room and last a very flexible 50 minutes-ish. We normally have biscuits and tea or coffee during and afterwards. Happy hour is in the core afterwards at 5pm. If you would like to speak, please let me (Ruadhaí) know. The department can fund travel expenses for nearby speakers (e.g. London, Oxford...), so if you would like to invite someone to speak, also let me know.
Easter Term 2014
- June 27th: Claudius Zibrowius "Introduction to Bordered Floer Homology"
- June 13th: Tom Lovering (Harvard University) "A Hitchhiker's guide to Shimura Varieties"
- May 30th: Diletta Martinelli (Imperial College) "What is a flip?"
- May 23rd: Joe Keir (DAMTP) "Geometric Analysis in General Relativity"
- May 16th: Michael Kasa (UCSD) "Log Geometry and Stable Maps"
- May 9th: Julien Meyer (Université Libre de Bruxelles) "CscK-Metrics and projective embeddings"
- May 2nd: Thomas Prince (Imperial College) "From Lagrangian tori to Helices via string theory on Gorenstein toric singularities"
Lent Term 2014
- March 14th: Jakob Blaavand (University of Oxford) "What a Higgs bundle is - and why you should care"
- March 7th: Christian Lund "Growth properties of manifolds with curvature"
- February 21st: Anton Isopoussu "Constant scalar curvature metrics on projective bundles"
- February 14th: Dmitry Tonkonog "Affine varieties versus cotangent bundles from a symplectic viewpoint"
- February 7th: Ruadhaí Dervan "Peaked sections and algebraic approximations of Kaehler metrics"
- January 31st: Paul Wedrich "Computing categorified colored sl(N) quantum invariants of rational tangles"
- January 24th: David Witt-Nystrom "Okounkov bodies and the moment map problem"
- January 17th: Julian Holstein "Morita Cohomology"
Michaelmas Term 2013
- December 13th: Giulio Codogni "Surface singularities, representation theory and QFT"
- December 6th: John Rizkallah "Affine Group Schemes" (special joint junior geometry-algebra seminar)
- November 29th: Joe Waldron "The cone theorem and base point freeness"
- November 22nd: Carmelo di Natale "DGLAs in Deformation Theory"
- November 15th: Yoshi Hashimoto (University College London) "Approximating constant scalar curvature Kaehler metrics and Chow stability"
- November 8th: Robert Pirisi (Scuola Normale Superiore) "Arithmethic Stiefel-Whitney classes in algebraic geometry"
- November 1st: Gabriele Benedetti "The dynamics of magnetic fields on S^2"
- October 25th: Andrea Fennelli (Imperial College) "The fibres of Mori fibre spaces"
- October 18th: John Ottem "Hassett's work on cubic fourfolds"
- October 11th: Anton Isopoussu "Stability of flag varieties"
- October 4th: Ruadhaí Dervan "Multiplier ideal sheaves and Kähler-Einstein metrics"