I am a fourth year PhD student in the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics and in King's College at the University of Cambridge. My supervisor is Dr Martin Hyland. Before this, I was an undergraduate at the University of Chicago.
I am interested in category theory, homotopy theory, and homotopy type theory. In particular, I am interested in model categories and understanding those which might serve as interpretations of homotopy type theory. In my PhD thesis, I develop the theory of such things - what I call Moore factorization systems for their resemblance to Moore’s description of the Hurewicz model structure on topological spaces.
- Foundations of Mathematics: Univalent Foundations and Set Theory, "Models of Type Theory," Zentrum für Internationale Friedenseinsätze, Bielefeld, 20 July 2016.
- Workshop on Homotopy Type Theory and Univalent Foundations of Mathematics, "Topological models of dependent type theory," The Fields Institute, Toronto, 20 May 2016.
- Categorical homotopy theory lecture series, Capital Normal University, Beijing, 29 June - 3 July 2015.
- Category Theory 2015, "Weak factorization systems for intensional type theory,” University of Aveiro, 19 June 2015.
- Fifth Workshop on Formal Topology, "Weak factorization systems for intensional type theory," Institut Mittag-Leffler, 9 June 2015.
- Category Theory Seminar, "Weak factorization systems for intensional type theory," University of Cambridge, 12 May 2015.
- PSSL 96, "Moore factorization systems," Universita degli Studi di Palermo, 12 October 2014.
- Junior Category Theory Seminar, "Moore factorization systems," University of Cambridge, 9 October 2014.
- Category Theory 2014, "Moore factorization systems," University of Cambridge, 4 July 2014.
- Junior Category Theory Seminar, "Homotopy type theory and weak factorization systems,” University of Cambridge, 6 March 2014.
- Category Theory Seminar, "Towards a topological model of homotopy type theory,” University of Cambridge, 26 November 2013.
- Conference on Type Theory, Homotopy Theory and Univalent Foundations, "Towards a model of homotopy type theory in topological spaces," Centre de Recerca Matemàtica, Barcelona, 23 September 2013.
- Young Researchers in Mathematics, "Model category theory and homotopy type theory," University of Edinburgh, 17 June 2013.
- Young Women in Topology, "A framework for constructive homotopy theory," Universität Bonn, 8 June 2013.
Joint Category Theory and Computer Science Seminar, "Computational homotopy theory," University of Cambridge, 30 May 2013.
- Junior Category Theory Seminar, "Model categories," University of Cambridge, 31 January 2013.
Algebraic Topology and Category Theory Proseminar, "Batanin ω-categories," University of Chicago, 22 November 2011.
- Graduate Student Conference in Logic, "Univalent foundations of mathematics," University of Illinois at Chicago, 8 May 2011.
Here is my CV.
p [dot] north [at] dpmms [dot] cam [dot] ac [dot] uk
Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics
Centre for Mathematical Sciences
University of Cambridge